View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Soberintexas007

Well, had a nice day today. I thought the meeting went well. I think this is the type of crowd that I more fit in with. When I was going to the other meetings in my area, I just really did not believe that I fit in with the other females there, as I have had a totally different life without children. Don't get me wrong, they were very nice and welcomed me, but, like I said, something just did not fit with me. The meeting that I went to tonight (and I plan on going to the same meeting place), the people seem more disenfranchised and struggling to fit into society for whatever reason, so this fit me more, as I feel sort of disenfranchised in a way for being transgender. In other words, I have sort of had to live on the fringes of society and never really fit in to the popular crowd. My sister on the other hand fits in perfectly to society, and that has created some distance between her and me, although we are close.

Anyways, the meeting went well. Someone shared after my share that he loved what I had to share, and that it is so great for him to see someone starting out on this lifesaving journey (I thought that was nice, but, then again, I only have 1 day sober so let's cross our fingers and not build up our hopes just yet). But I did announce my plans to try and do a 90/90.

So I guess I am hopeful again.