View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Briar
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys, just checking in. All's good here. It's been a busy week, I've spent some late nights with my face in government grant reports that were so boring my brain just about gave up and died. But we got them done, and I earned a little money.

Today on my way home from work I had some very romantic thoughts about drinking. Sometimes it just seems too easy. But I've had success with reminding myself:

1) For me there is no such thing as an innocent drink.
2) If I get into trouble (which I will if I drink at all) and have to ask my husband and friends for help again, they will not be pleased. I will start losing people.
3) Drinking never makes anything better. Nothing. Ever.

V I'm glad you have a plan in place and have found someone to help you. Is she going to help you file for disability?

Dee I'm sorry you're not well. I wish you quick healing.

And V with your foot and Phoebe with your back, and Leigh still recovering. Healing vibes to everyone ~~~

When I've had time this week, I've been embracing my hobby of packing perfectly balanced, aesthetically pleasing, healthy, American-style bento lunches for my daughter...oh okay, for myself too. I don't know why I enjoy it so much, maybe it's a balance thing. It's kind of like a puzzle. I have several different lunch containers. There was one I lusted after, the Laptop Lunches box, but could never justify the $25 it cost. Then I was at TJ Maxx the other day, and I found one there for $7! Then today I hit Marshalls and found the $15 expansion pack for $5! Miracles! Yeah, I'm that big of a geek, my lunch boxes have expansion packs. So I've been having a wonderful time packing lunches the past couple days. It's nice to be able to do that simple fun thing. When I was drinking I just threw my daughter's lunches together haphazardly and bought myself crappy burgers for lunch. Another way in which life is better now.