# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2014 Part 15

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-14-a-20.html

D
Old 05-31-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So are you now getting 10 months clean right now? Any itches thinking that your cured yet or you being to accept that recovery is a life long process that never ends and that you never let get yourself down.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread Crisco
How's things with you recoverywise?

D
Old 05-31-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well my part is done and my little one helped me every step of the way. The girls are up there making it all pretty now. I'm pooped and ready to turn in.

Your adventure sounded good to me Briar and I'm glad you feel better.

Phoebe, I hope you're getting some quiet now.

Last edited by Mark1014; 06-04-2015 at 04:44 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Nice work FAD! I bet your girls are having a blast with it.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for restarting us, Dee!

Hi Crisco

I'm hoping the loft bed assembly is going ok...secretly wishing for a final pic. Even with instructions, that kinda stuff never turns out like it's supposed to for me. And it always includes choice vocabulary lol

I love your new avatar, Briar! And that trek sounds awesome. I live near some woods and love "getting lost" in them by myself, especially when I'm down. It's a great escape and fantastic way to clear my head. Actually...now that I think about it...is that a form of grounding? Focusing on my footing, the sounds around me, and nothing else? Hmmm. I think so!
The cleanup was quick because so many people were there to help. At times, I even felt like I was in the way. So I took those moments to take a look around and give thanks for "slipping" instead of "falling" last week. It's such a fine line. I see that clearly now.
Cowboy and Jr. came over for impromptu dinner with my family. Jr. met them for the first time. It went very well, lots of food, good discussion, couch time, and laughs...made my Sunday. Now I've cleaned it all up and am ready to zzzzzzzzzz
Goodnight sober gang!
Old 05-31-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Like magic, a picture appeared! Lol
Great work, From. It's beautiful!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The bed looks great from!

Thank you for the suggestion Arbor.
The two rabbis I know are both lovely.
I'm sure I could organise to go and chat to one of them if I wanted to do that.
I will keep it in mind.

Glad you felt better after your hike through the woods Briar.

So nice that your family and cowboy's son all got along well Conquest!

Hope your day got quieter phoebe love.

BD, hope your Sunday was good. ♥

Hi crisco. Nice to meet you.
We have a range of clean and sober time on this thread...the bottom line is that we are doing it together. This is an awesome group.

And Leigh ~ so much love to you...I hope you are feeling better every day. ♥
Old 05-31-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Conquest, I figured it would help my mood to pick a happy avatar.

You're right, I think getting lost in the woods is a form of grounding. I was completely in the present moment without even trying, totally tuned into my surroundings. I never thought of it that way, but it was the perfect way to get out of my head. I think I need to wander around in the wilderness more.

After a slow start, the day turned out quite productive. Tons of walking, park time with my daughter, then we came home and made a week's worth of quinoa salad. And I did one load of laundry to avert a fast-approaching underwear shortage. It's a glamorous life here in Briar land.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I really like the grounding exercises Briar ~ I find that the "soothing" grounding works best for me.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're finding them helpful V!

Off to bed, good night.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nite (((hugs))) ♥
Old 06-01-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Groan and grumble, I'm usually a morning person, but not today. I could sleep for hours more. Pass the coffee, please.
I've got a shorter workday, but it's action-packed. Once I'm done I've got some errands to run. The sun is back out, thank goodness. So I'm looking forward to putting on my flip-flops, grabbing a cherry limeade, rolling the windows down, and enjoying the afternoon/evening with my guy. He's got a work truck that he's lending to a friend and it needs a scrub down, inside and out. For some weird reason, I've always enjoyed cleaning... It might be a form of grounding, too....so I jumped at the opportunity. It'll give me a nice dose of much-needed vitamin D as well. Never underestimate the power of a sunny day after weeks of rain, friends. Getting outside always does the trick for me.
Coffee's ready! Gotta run. Big hugs and best wishes for a happy, healthy, sober day.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How could I be posting before FAD on a Monday morning? He must be tired after building that bed so late into the evening! Or off to the gym putting us all to shame, .

We have a rainy, cool few days in the works. Woke quite tired after a restless night, and both kids are tired too. Must be the rain telling up to hibernate for a day! I had to wake both after their alarms did not succeed at waking them. I am going a little crazy this morning ang having caffeinated coffee! Woohoo.

Need a few groceries today, and to do the usual housework. Was going to put that sarcastic woohoo smiley here but my phone is not cooperating. Been a little glitchy with some functions. I think there is an update I need to run.

Your days sound full of fun and adventures, Briar and Conquest!

Arbor! The final countdown?? My niece gave birth to a perfect baby boy verrrry early Saturday morning. He is truly very perfect and adorable looking. It will be awhile before we meet him, but the Internet and texting are wonderful things!

Hi Crisco, welcome.

Hello Dee and Leigh and BD. Hope you are all well. Hello to anyone I am missing.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Glad you guys have finally got some sunshine in soggy Texas, Conquest! I could use your cleaning mojo! I would like it if my back were not so cranky, and things not so cluttered. The scrubbing and making things sparkle part, I don't really mind. There is some satisfaction to it, for a few hours, lol. Kids undo it all pretty quickly!

So, I have been thinking a lot about a dog. As in getting one. Had a very vivid dream last night. The short version is that in the dream, son had to adopt and care for a puppy for 2 months, and document the experience. Then, the dog goes back to the pound, or, wherever. I was feeing so much emotion, and crying, or tearing up, in the dream, at the thought of bonding for two months and having to give up the dog. I was also aching for the dog's side of that. I was talking to other moms and we were commiserating. My heart was feeling like I would certainly end up keeping the puppy after such an assignment. Lol.

Truth is, I would like a dog. But husband hates pets and kids would be no help. So, if I decide to have one, I need to be sure hubby will be okay with it, and any help I get from anyone will be a bonus. I will have to be 100% sure I want that. I know it is like having a toddler again, forever, lol. But the companionship is appealing.

So, that was my dream. It was very real feeling.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dogs are awesome phoebe love.

Enjoy Conquest....

Congratulations on 8 months from!!! Awesome.

Love to all and goodnight. ♥
Old 06-01-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Happy Monday morning and welcome June. A big month for the Arbor home. I kind of feel like I have a little niece or nephew on the way.

I'm mixed on pets....just at a chapter in my life that the bother doesn't seem worthwhile. Especially trying to do something with them when we travel. I can't even imagine what you do when there's heavy snow on the ground and they need to go. And having a critter that sheds minimally is a must. But in years gone by I have really enjoyed the companionship of a pet.

No gym today, but morning run is done. This is a day that a voice in my head says 'give it up dude, you're almost 49!'. I don't listen to that voice either.

But I do need an aleve.

Wishing all the best day.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post
Well my part is done and my little one helped me every step of the way. The girls are up there making it all pretty now. I'm pooped and ready to turn in.

Your adventure sounded good to me Briar and I'm glad you feel better.

Phoebe, I hope you're getting some quiet now.
Very nice job, from. Looks great.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congratulations on Eight Months, from.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hello, Octsobers. I have missed joining in but being breathless left me with mushy mind. I am slowly but surely feeling better; the inhaled steroid is 'doing its thing'.

Love to all of you.