View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Surrender2win View Post

Casey -- I agree with you that there have been quite a few on here that are hurting. It has been difficult to read some of the posts the last few days without my AV screaming... It's still screaming, but I am taking this one minute at a time and hope I make it through the night, let alone the weekend.

Good luck with AA. I have been giving serious thought to attending regular meetings myself. Let us know how it goes for you.
Sometimes one minute at a time is what it takes. Don't be afraid to post cries for help in here or in the busier Newcomers forum if necessary.

Have you been to AA before? If not give it a chance. It sure can't hurt.

Like I said I've been to lots of meetings over the years but have never truly participated. As much as I hate asking for help, that's exactly what I'm going to do this time. It may not be for me but I'll never know if I don't finally give it a real try. And I do know I need something more. Being active here on SR has been a huge help but I need something more personal too if I want to move forward.

And of course I'll let you all know how it goes. Have you seen how big a blabbermouth I am in here? There's nothing I enjoy more than talking about myself.