View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Copper442

Originally Posted by TENtx View Post
If moderation works for me, great. If it doesn't, that's fine, too. I can just come right back here and commit to my plan without wondering if there is another option that would work better for me.
This is what concerns me. Too many people go back out either saying, "just one more time won't hurt", or "I think I can control it this time" and then they DON'T come back. They become all wrapped up in their addiction and never try to put the bottle down again or they lose their lives. I don't want that to happen to you or anyone else thinking they can pick up and are guaranteed another shot at sobriety because that isn't reality.

Now, I am by no means sitting up on some high horse judging anyone for whatever choices they make. I made a **** poor choice and went to a bar the other night. This is just as much a stark reminder for myself as it is to hopefully be of some use to my fellow Mayvens.

I know I was playing with fire the other night. Each time I drink it has gotten harder and harder to get back up. Not to mention, as a drug addict as well, I am notorious for mixing fatal combinations of drugs and alcohol. I've had too many near death experiences and one more time out has the very real possibility of being my last.

I hope ANYONE considering trying the moderation route will revisit why they joined an ABSTINENCE site. I say all this with as much love and concern as I can muster. I just want everyone to have the best life possible.