View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 03:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sasha4

What I would say is that there will be people looking out for him if he lives in a small community.

No-one will see him passed out on the pavement without helping.
If there is something not right in his home, I'm sure they will get in touch with someone in authority who can help.

Did people not talk to him at his wife's funeral because they don't like him and have an issue with him?

My friends partner was on verge of being sectioned.
The police were involved in getting him to hospital.
He was ITU in a medical induced coma and detoxed.
He nearly did not make it.
If you read my posts (click on my name, read other posts and I thinks its called 'i have a friend') its all there.
He was in the hospital a few weeks.
It shocked him.
He is out and is stating he won't drink again, but who knows what his future is?
But at one point, my friend just handed responsibility over to the police and they took over.
I'm glad she did for her.

I used to work in a chemist and there was an old man with dementia who lived on his own across from the shop.
He would drink heavily. He would reach out to us after not eating for a few days and drinking too much.

We would regularly sit him in the shop and make him a cup of tea, buy him a sandwich and ring his GP.
If we didn't see him for a couple of days someone would go over and check on him.

I suppose I'm saying that even if it feels like your dad has no friends and is isolating, someone will be keeping track of him even if to a small extent.

How you feeling today?