View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Soberintexas007

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry you see it that way.

I think putting the blame back on the community is a classic way of not taking responsibility for your own recovery.

I did it for years, so I'm not judging - but I feel you've had a lot of support in your time here Sober.

Support can only go so far tho.

If you feel you need more support from us, or your parents or your husband or whoever - then really it's up to you to find it - whether it's AA or some other group, or counselling or rehab...

D
I hear what you are saying. It's just that some of you (not to mention names) were responding to me in the past few weeks. And then I tried again to stay sober on Sunday and Monday of this past week, and I did not hear from a lot of those people. I feel like people gave up on me. But I can understand why they gave up on me, but I am still just pointing it out.

I almost felt as if some people here were just waiting for me to fail because they did not agree with how I was going about my recovery.

"But support can only go so far." I think you are right. Maybe people felt they were enabling me and felt as if I needed other support such as rehab and were tired of enabling me. I get it.