View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
want2feelGood

Hi Hopeless. I am on day 4 sober and starting to feel better although also very very sad because I believe I will have to break up with my 49 yr old alcoholic boyfriend. I want to get sober and feel good and so sad that I probably dont stand a chance since my boyfriend is a big drinker and has been all his life. He has reduced drinking, for me, during the week although once weekend comes, its mimosas, then beer, then shots, then mixed drinks, morning til we pass out. Oh and every weekend we get into a huge fight!! I dont even look forward to weekends anymore because of the horrible nasty fights which I know is alcohol fueled, and extreme verbal abuse, which I am told is always my fault! I am so envious you have gone a month sober and actually ended the relationship!! I am here asking for advice from you now! I do love him so much but i need to love myself too! and i am also very very scared because all my friends are drinkers, although my girlfriends support my sobriety. I am worried i will be very lonely since what they like to do is go to bars, etc. so...now i will be without my boyfriend and my friends!! it will be just me and my dog....