View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
allforcnm

For a minute I thought it was a chicken puppet dancing. LOL .. I thought Blue had you involved with her little fixation? Just kidding Blue... Although you might try a puppet on Jethro at some point when he is laying on the couch after taking pain pills TOD... you could pop up from behind and he might think he was hallucinating?

I understand what you mean about chicken time, because Im n the midst of cat time right now.. going to the vet everyday for the radiation treatments and will be for the next couple of weeks.. kitty does not like to go, and worse now there is trouble with the leg and walking but I think its because of the way it has to be placed during the treatments. Doesn't take long for the actual session, but has to be sedated each time. ends up being a while... they have nice Keurig coffee and snacks though.

Its a common and complex issue going on with Jethro. He is one of many who actually does have pain issues, and just may not believe he can manage it without the pills. I know it has to be hard on you, seeing him on them, and knowing he gets those refills. If there is anything to gain, maybe its is seeing his behavior and realizing you were like that (more or less) at one point when taking them too.

Marilyn won the lottery when she landed at your house, because all the chickens are given lots of love, attention, and have you available for them most of the day. I think its very rewarding to know we take good care of our animal family though,.. and they know they are loved, and feel safe , and confident in their homes. our cat doesn't feel too safe right now, but maybe it will change soon.

Charely, Im sorry work is in turmoil right now & taking away your safe place. I know its been that for a while now.. your in transition though and I know it will get better. Someday' like Blue posted.. there will be a safe place for you again.

I know what you mean about relatives Munchkin... we have many scattered in different states but they sometimes like to come and visit.. and use relatives as a home base for all their activities. Its ok if it doesn't get out of hand. Someone told me fish and relatives stink after so many days... was it three? One long weekend and out they go.. LOL

I sent some pm's. Sorry its taken me so long. Feeling a little tired, and the cat has me all stressed out. Im sorry to hear about the car Cleanin.. I don't know how all of NY is laid out.. we sure don't have good mass transit where we live. I hope it gets resolved soon. Praying for you both.

Butter Im feeling sad that you are going home because I know its not what you want to be doing.. Im happy to hear your coping with it as best you can, and I will be praying that your able to work something out when you get home in terms of financing.