View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
gncflyer

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
Hey Chris, welcome! We've all been there, man! If I can do this you can.

Do you plan to go to AA or other meetings? Treatment? Got any ideas?
I know this isn't a popular answer but I'm old school and keep it simple. Do it, no matter what it takes. Last time I did it with no support, only the determination to get through.

Suppport? This place. Meetings? No just here. Last time I did it I wanted it for me as is the way it should be. This time is different. I want it because my daughter knows something is different "wrong" with me.

I don't feel as strong with my resolve this time and I'm not mentally in the right place. All I know is what the future holds if I keep at it. And how bad it would damage family relatuonships. Especially with my child. So that's my motivation. Not for me but for my daughter because she really needs me.

Also, I know what waits on the other side.

The practicing alcoholic is blind and doesn't have hope in life. They only believe alcohol can make them feel better. They, we, I can't see or fathom a better life awaits if they kick it.

Even though I can't feel it now I know it's there . I want to drink badly right now, I just cant.

Alcohol is a tricky bitch. It's pure evil. Deny it enough Though and she gives up. Then you reap the rewards of the battle you just fought.