View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Thank you Blue for notifying our little group. TOD...will give those a try. Not sure what it was but I my legs were very achy and I had a low fever. Just wanted to sleep the day away.

But when it rains it pours! Today I woke up to our car being gone. Just woke up....walked into the livingroom asking my husband if he could take me to the pharmacy to pick up my medicine. The look I got back from him? Oh boy...I could tell something wasn't right....looked straight out the window to our driveway and noticed the car wasn't there. Then I thought..okay..that is because my daughter took it? Then he explained it was repossessed and it still didn't compute? Say what? I JUST spoke to them about getting the loan fixed and reworked? We were going to put the two missed payments toward the back end of our loan. Anyway...it is what it is....and we are now without our car.

The strange thing is since my husband has been working this new job, he's been making less money than he was with the old job. His gross is 5,000 more, but his net is way less and he never bothered to figure out why? I just assume...his check...his business. Well my daughter was questioning why his net pay is so much less and he gave her the pay stub to look at it. This is what she found.
1- $150 is coming out for a life insurance policy on him. (We have one already with the VA, that is way cheaper!)
2- $ 50 for one on me. (We could get it thru the VA for much less!)
3-$ New York City taxes are being paid. We don't live in New York City!

All of this equals more than $350 per month! My gosh we are already having a hard time and this is money being tossed out!?! We could've paid our car payments with that money!!
Now I'm telling him to cancell these things and to get the NYC tax money back. He's telling me it's not possible to get back? Really? Why? See he doesn't want to pursue it I'll bet? But I can't believe the city wouldn't reimburse us for something that wasn't suppose to be taken out of his check in the first place?

Anyway, sorry if I'm in a bad mood. Life just keeps on wacking at us! Until I get a job or he gets a better one...this won't change. I read a study about having an income of $75,000 per household and happiness.

Here Is The Income Level At Which Money Won't Make You Any Happier In Each State

Interesting!