Old 06-02-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thruway65

My brother, clean 3 yrs, almost sure he's relapsed

I feel so torn. He was doing sooo well. Spent close to a year away in rehab and had sober coach at home. In short, my parents shelled out to get him the help he needed and wanted (yes, I know that is key). In spite of all it- he is getting divorced, lost his job but he did return to school. I know he was following his program even though he kept his distance somewhat from the family.
Then came a new girlfriend. Not that she herself is a problem but I knew- I just knew he wasn't spending the time on his program Tried to say something but was blown off. Then I asked how his semester was going and I was given some excuse about the stress of his divorce and trying to get his house ready to sell. (basically- he blew it). I tried to talk to my parents but they are absolutely in denial. They start raising their voices that his ex-wife is causing him too much stress, etc. He doesn't work so I know they must be paying his living expenses.
The clincher came for me last week when he completely had a meltdown during a meeting in front of 7 people. He was talking about returning to his old job, he was swearing, name calling, etc. He just went insane. It was his own tirade for 45 minutes. After a few days and allowing things to calm down I decided to contact my parents and find out now that they aren't concerned !! I'm thinking maybe someone should contact his sober coach and they are angry at me because I made the comment that got him upset to start.
I feel like either I'm crazy and overblowing it or I'm the only one that can do anything about this . WHAT do I do? Last night, he trashed his car- thank God he was alone.
I'm not totally new at this but honestly it took me contacting his doctor directly 3 years ago to get him in treatment and that also cost me my relationship with my brother for years.
Anyone ? Help ? Advice ?
Thank you.