View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Cissy

Originally Posted by kkik5 View Post
I had the meet. Both employers sat in, we talked for a good hour. Things that happened on the way and when there:
Bus driver decided to play a game of start and stop, so when I got off the bus, the whole of my right side was on fire due to all the hits my back took. Great start.
Limped to the office, totally anxious, sat down in my office and the employers came. What happened next... Was a small miracle!
First, they said they know what depression feels like, said that I should have just brutally taken time off before, because 'the people are important, work can wait'
Working from home is no problem. I was the one pushing for regular reports, they couldn't care less. Said that it will show up in the work anyways and so far I've been 'very proficient' in my writings
The lady boss then asked about the proofread/editing course I mentioned. Asked for the website, said she'll give me the money so I can start it when I wish to and don't have to keep saving up for what would have been at least another 2-3 months. The skills I'll improve and gain there will be paramount to the office moving forward.
I also pitched an idea I had about writing a book/studybook. Emoyers said once I get started, they'll get me a book deal with the local science publishing house, because the work I pitched is needed both in my native language as well as in English.
I then spent half an hour just talking to one of them and brainstorming about our current project.

I am so relieved. Thank you all for your support. You guys are awesome
That's fantastic!! Could there have been a better outcome? I mean, aside from the bus driver? We are so ecstatic for you!!! Your whole world just opened up to a brand new chapter. Make it count!