View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SwimKim12

Originally Posted by want2feelGood View Post
trying to recover by... trying not to hate myself so much today. reading other posts and inspiration. drinking tons of water. going to work out after work although i feel horrible not going to meet some friends for dinner because they will be drinking. Go to bed early with a book or tv. hope i can sleep and not cry all night. Not going to give up on myself!
You sound pretty down. Are you bummed because you let yourself down this weekend, or are you bummed because you aren't going to be meeting up with friends and instead just staying in and reading or watching tv? I've found that it helps to have a positive outlook when choosing not to drink; rather than depriving yourself of something (alcohol and hanging out with friends), you are giving yourself something very wonderful instead: sobriety. That means waking up without a hangover, and not feeling the guilty and frustration that you feel right now. Many people "treat" themselves in other ways. Do you have a guilty pleasure like ice cream, chocolate cake, etc? Indulge on Friday night instead of going out to drink.

I think it's great that you are here. SR has helped me become and stay sober. My drinking behavior sounds very similar to yours and if I can stop drinking I know you can too. Hang in there!