View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
And the me that I know (the only me that I know) will cave after making it through a terrible time of testing without caving. It's diabolical. Well, enough of that. I don't want to be a negative influence on the class so I'm going to try to not voice all these things that I'm thinking. I realize that's what the thread is for but still, I don't want to be a drain.
That's pure addiction talking there. No Cheryl in there at all. Addiction that is scared to death that Cheryl is really succeeding at living life without the help of a bottle. Give yourself a chance to live a better life. Quit listening to that addiction or at least recognize it for what it is: a filthy liar who will do and say anything to get what it wants.

Just because you've had some sober time before but eventually went back to drinking doesn't mean that is your destiny.

Look at Dee or the hundreds and hundreds of other folks on these very boards with long term sobriety. Just like you and me, most of them tried to quit dozens or even hundreds of times before. Until finally one time things were different and that was it. There's absolutely no reason this can't be that time for you and me.

Recovery from alcoholism may be a hard struggle or even battle right now but I believe those folks who came before us when they say the victory is both possible and totally worth it.

What's the old saying? Don't quit before the miracle happens.