View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Soberintexas007

Originally Posted by NotYouAgain View Post
Hello Soberintexas007

I noticed you have made almost a thousand posts. I have not read all them, just this one. Please forgive me if I am out of line here.

You most probably know this, and if you do, I am just reminding you.
Alcohol consumption taxes the body's serotonin levels, which increases a person's level of anxiety and depression.
Though drinking alcohol may relieve the anxiety and depression, it actually makes it worse when you get sober. It is a catch-22 situation.

The best thing to do is stop drinking altogether and start getting involved with other people in recovery, such as AA.
And learn other ways to deal with early recovery anxiety and depression.

If you really want to stop drinking, and find it too hard to do so alone, then you only have one other option.
Get help from actually meeting people face-to-face who can help you.

Take a risk!

Otherwise, old dependable Compromise will talk you out of it ever time.
I know, I had beating around the bush for seven years before hitting it on the head.
I lost seven years of my life because I would not take the risk of sitting out my anxiety and depression without picking up a drink, and not getting (face-to-face) help from others.
Don't suffer like I did, and almost die.
Get serious, get humble, and do something about it before it's too late.

Take a risk!
I totally agree with you! And that is why today I am completely sober and not drinking or not taking any other mood altering substances!