View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marcus

Welcome. Wow that is quite a story you have there. I am a fellow opiate junkie. I know the pull all too well. I guess when you say is this going to work what is your goal? When you say FORCED into getting clean that right there makes me think not typically going to work long term. Your outlook could definitely change once you get clean, but you have to have an enormously strong desire to get clean and even with that it can be a battle. You are most likely going to have to deal with significant withdrawal if you have been on a run and the tabs are not going to do much for you. Yes withdrawal sucks, but the worst of it doesn't last all that long in the scheme of things. It is how do you cope with life on a day to day basis after getting clean that was the hardest thing for me.

It has been over 3 years now for me, but took a good 10 years to get to where I am at today. I had to be fully convinced that doing it even one time was going to take me down that all too familiar road back into hell. It was a struggle, but is definitely doable if you are ready to really put in the work needed to get and stay clean.

Best of luck and take care! Keep posting and reaching out for support. It just might save your life.