View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KeepTruckin

Getting back in touch with my body

I don't feel well today. Ate kinda crappy all weekend at multiple bbqs and get togethers. And boy if I can't have a drink I sure am going to have a cheeseburger or something Now I'm feeling all out of sorts since I eat a pretty healthy diet normally. It sucks.

But what I remember is, I used to feel this way A LOT. Alcohol, as you all I'm sure know quite well, isn't the best thing for a happy stomach. And I spent a lot of time feeling like, well, crap from drinking too much, eating poorly, not eating, all of it. Like a lot of time feeling like this. Or worse.

So even though today I feel lousy and I can't wait to get home and have a Tums, I will take comfort in the fact that this isn't happening all the time. That one of the reasons I feel soooo bad off some food that really wasn't all THAT awful, is because my body is getting much healthier than it used to be. So a little bit of bad food goes a long way and although that sucks, it's a good sign for me. And I know I don't like feeling this way, but if I drank this weekend, it would be this times 1000.

So cheers to feeling bad as a sign of how good I'm feeling!... if that makes sense