Notices

Getting back in touch with my body

Old 05-27-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting back in touch with my body

I don't feel well today. Ate kinda crappy all weekend at multiple bbqs and get togethers. And boy if I can't have a drink I sure am going to have a cheeseburger or something Now I'm feeling all out of sorts since I eat a pretty healthy diet normally. It sucks.

But what I remember is, I used to feel this way A LOT. Alcohol, as you all I'm sure know quite well, isn't the best thing for a happy stomach. And I spent a lot of time feeling like, well, crap from drinking too much, eating poorly, not eating, all of it. Like a lot of time feeling like this. Or worse.

So even though today I feel lousy and I can't wait to get home and have a Tums, I will take comfort in the fact that this isn't happening all the time. That one of the reasons I feel soooo bad off some food that really wasn't all THAT awful, is because my body is getting much healthier than it used to be. So a little bit of bad food goes a long way and although that sucks, it's a good sign for me. And I know I don't like feeling this way, but if I drank this weekend, it would be this times 1000.

So cheers to feeling bad as a sign of how good I'm feeling!... if that makes sense
Old 05-27-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It makes sense to me. Cheers to bad food making us realize how healthy we have become =)
Old 05-27-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Makes perfect sense KT. Feeling a bit the same myself. I smoked some ribs, pork butts and chicken over the weekend and ate more than my fair share; and then some. Paying for it now.

Great job on not drinking!
Old 05-27-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Makes total sense. Right there with you.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Very sound, your body will tell you what it needs for nutrients.