View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
munchkin05

No, TOD, no baby on the way!!! Promise, while that would make my coworker super happy (the one I get along with) I'm well past child bearing (IMHO)
OMG, so crazy here at work. Me telling soldiers "NO, you can't do that, NO, that's not allowed" all the while the yorkie tells them "sure we can do that, we can do anything for you. Oh you'd like a first class ticket? sure I can do that too" grrrrrr.

Hi Pinkcloudscharley,
So you're on the other side, the family member side. Well that's good you're hanging out here. Gives you some perspective possibly. Hubby never really wanted to talk to anyone here nor anyone at all about his wife being an addict.

Oh and since I just barged in and said HI, let me introduce myself. (gasp, where are my manners??)
I'm 40 yrs old, mom of 1 son, married for almost 21 yrs. Government travel agent. I was I guess officially an alcoholic in my late 20s as that's when I started drinking pretty heavy. I took a 2 yr hiatus when I got pregnant with my son, (31 yrs old then) but then dove right back on into alcohol and quickly got to the point where I was consuming huge amounts. My health was horrible, I was badly overweight, severely depressed and my life was going down in a tailspin.
December 14, 2012 (I think its 12, or it could be 2011) I came online here, depressed, sad. I was to have a meeting soon with a counselor/therapist which I had never done before and I was nervous and scared.
I made a friend here (who I think is still here) who asked me to pour my booze out, why not make today day 1. And it stuck.
It was tough, I had some really hard times. I still have hard times.
As I have gotten stronger it seems as if I've had harder things hit my life, or maybe they just seem that way. LOL I don't have an bottled up version of oblivion that I can dive into anymore. LOL
Oh and my DOC was alcohol. Most usual gin martinis, dirty two olives in a chilled glass. But wine, whiskey, grand marnier. They all would work too. I'm over 3 yrs sober now. My name here is for my son, which I still call him sometimes (munchkin), because he was my reason for getting sober.
My Mom is now the one I'm dealing with. She too is an alcoholic, and it looks like my parents are on their way to getting divorced. So that's the readers digest vs.

Still here, still sober