View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Kafkaesque

Originally Posted by realE View Post
Sometimes I feel like throwing my stapler at my boss's head. Sometimes I feel like running idiot drivers off the road. Sometimes I see a hottie and feel like breaking my marriage vows. I can't control how I feel, but I can 100% control what I DO. That is great! You just do it. I think. This may sound crazy but I feel equal parts fab and crap today. After my first drink free week in like 6 years. I planned my next drink today. I can have a cocktail of my choice when I am 88. That will be double my age now. I guess that is what I told my AV. You can have a drink in 44 years. Now shut up and go lay down and wait patiently. Cause you are really getting on my nerves. Maybe that is stupid or bad advice to tell myself this little tale. But, after applying all the logic to my past behavior, it helped me to say that I doubted I would be ok to try it before then.
Thank you RealE. I think I'll definitely apply that same logic to myself and tell the AV I can drink when I'm 90 and not a minute before. It's just hard listening to myself sometimes, you know? Like I understand the logic behind it all and completely agree with everything you and Nonsensical said, sometimes it's just hard to listen to myself as I'm telling myself that. It's like I have the devil (AV) and angel (sobriety) on my shoulders lol.