Old 05-23-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
MesaMan

All this talk of Sober Schnooze made me think of this Oldie But Moldy Tune from 1961. So far as I can tell, Bobby Lewis is not directly related to Juliette Lewis. Who, is totally Thermonuclear Hot, IMO. Must be dem Dimples. Except for her phase of wearing Caucasian Cornrows in her Hair. But, hey, kudos to her for branching out. She still looks better than I do on any day that ends in 'y'. 'Tis a bummer to hear she kacks in the 2nd Episode of anything.

A big ole SR Shout Out to Whitetiger79 ; not that far from my old Stompin' Grounds around SoCal. Avocado Groves. Nurseries. Earthquake Uplift Mountains. Orange Groves to the East. And, on top of one Mountain, the Mr. Palomar Observatory seen below.

I worked with lotsa these Scientists over the years. Liquid Nitrogen is the chilling medium of choice to cool various Detectors, and 'stick' random Gas Molecules out of the way while extremely-low level Signal Electrons are generated, and processed into Images via trick Software. The Good News is that Observatories like Palomar still make important contributions to Science because so many Experiments are outside Optical Wavelengths. So, Light Pollution from encroaching Development doesn't doesn't hurt the Science. Too much...

~2' of new Snow here in the Colorado Rockies. 'A Basin' Ski Resort might stay open until July. A Group of Skiers from China are working out there now for some pending Competition.

OK, off to the Store for more Coffee 1/2 & 1/2 in emerging Sun...

- 'Tossin & Turnin' ~ Bobby Lewis -> Disney -