View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Spacegoat

I dunno haennie, that was always the dream and I used to do gigs on the local circuit and stuff. Once I became depressed thats was the end of it, I stopped going to gigs. "Sorry man I can't make it tonight". One time I had a good run for a few months and decided to try get back into it, I was crate digging, downloaded a load of software for making music etc then the thing with my rent started again and my focus had to shift back to that. Letters, meetings, phone calls, the landlords, and me drinking to cope with the stress. I just thought keeping a roof over my head was probably where all my energy should go, as frustrating as it was and as much resentment as it was causing me. I hate to go on about it, but I really see that whole situation as one of the biggest impediments to my recovery. It was a lot of stress on top of my already stressful personal life. I need to let go of that, I call it the local authorities but really it was just one woman in the office who happened to have the power and also unfunny ideas about me.

Back to the point. I just could not see myself making a living from that haennie. I mean, it's one thing to be an out of work dj/artist, it's another thing altogether to be a homeless one. I get what you are saying and it's not like I haven't given much thought to this already. I would love to be me again. So that's a little bit of a yes and no. Of course I'm sure that my parents and relatives would disapprove, but they do that about anything that isn't all about them in some way. I have so many unfinished projects here as it is already also, no inspiration or motivation at the moment either which would be a problem too.

Also about my last comment. Unfair judgements and expectations would have been the short answer. And my answer was a bit of a ramble, although it would have been much longer if I were to expound on the points I made with some examples. Basically the point I was making was that most people I've known have always depended on me in times of need. Be it for backup, in a crisis, or even for a listening ear and place chill. Then when I'm in crisis I learned there is no-one. I can't depend on my family, or then my friends, and then the state even. Who does that leave, just me myself and I? Eh heuston, we have a problem as the 3 of us don't get along so well. Who am I supposed to call? "Hello is that the ghostbusters" By the way, that was a kinda sad story that you told us about here on the other page yesterday.