View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
iminhere27

Not quite my last..my last was spent lying in bed having blown two important work shifts downing every last drink I had and throwing the empties on the floor like a slob.

The time before that had to be my worst. I began drinking straight after work and proceeded to miss work for the next few days. I met some random guy at the liquor store, and gave him a ride home. I was driving my dads car as mine was needing a new tire and I had a little sober time so he was starting to trust me again. Why I had rationalized drinking, completely blowing any trust, and throwing away morals..well I guess that's what makes me an addict. Anyway this random guy spilled beer all inside my dads car, and it was raining so we tracked a bunch of mud into the car. I hung out at this guys house drinking with him and ultimately sleeping with him...which is not something I ever do. When I decided to leave I realized I'd lost the car keys. I was drunk staggering around, could not find them. I had no phone, no one knew where I was for two days. I found out later they thought I was a missing person. In my drunken state i started pleading and praying to find those keys, and by some miracle I caught the slightest glimpse of them in the mud outside. I pretty much ran from that house.

I continued bingeing for 3 or 4 days until my friend had come over for our preplanned dinner and found me drunk. She poured out my drinks and would not leave me alone, especially after I'd threatened to harm myself if she didn't give me back my alcohol. She was on the phone with one of my relatives who called the police after hearing that I was threatening to hurt myself. So there come the police who forced me to go and stay with my friend until I sobered up. That morning was hell, the embarrassment, shame, vomiting, shaking and panic. I was given two choices, detox or hospital. I picked the hospital and suffered waiting hours for a doctor. Got off the booze, which I felt I wouldn't live through but I did. I don't want to be that person, I did so many things that I would not even consider sober. I'm lucky to be alive and so grateful that no one else got hurt in that mess of a life.