Thread: Sick brains
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
RedDog735

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
Time to figure out why you want to mold him to think like you. Dig deep. About yourself, NOT about him. Is it because you are angry at yourself for choosing the wrong guy? Is it because you are scared of being alone? Is it because you don't think you deserve better? I ask, because I have to ask myself the same questions, and on the surface, I wouldn't think any of those are factors in my feelings about myself. But, when I dig deep... DAMN. It is just as hard for us to own up to being sick as it is for them. For the same reason: because it is hard as hell to CHANGE ourselves and our habits.Sending you (((HUGS))) and PEACE and Strength!
I've been thinking about this one for a little while and I can't really find out WHY I want him to think like me other than the fact that what he's doing is WRONG. And so very hurtful to me. I don't want him hurting others like he did me. I don't want others to "go crazy" in the process like I did. It has nothing to do with not wanting to be alone (although I can't do that either) and so much to do with just how SICK he is and how he's basically a waste of life at this moment.

Regardless, I can see that I can name a million and a half things that he does that are wrong. And that gets in the way of focusing on me. BUT ITS JUST SO UNFAIR!