View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Thanks for the thread Bob - you were indeed fortunate no one was killed. Working in the insurance industry, I have been on site of over a dozen instances of vehicles parked - started - and for various reasons driven directly into a store front. I am prudent as a pedestrian never to walk in front of a car someone has started and (hopefully) has put the car in reverse and not drive.........

The last time I drank it was pretty innocuous on the scale of previous behavior, I suppose.

I refer to a "scrapbook" of images in my memory if I need a reminder of the highlights like others . Maybe not entire events, but a smashed bottle - a crying loved one, a disappointed friend. I own these.

But, I am not one of those ( may get my SR membership revoked) who emphatically state - my worst day sober is still better than my best day drunk. For me, that simply is untrue.

All that said - I am very, very thankful I am sober today. If I stay sober I stand a chance of enjoying the possibilities and freedoms life may offer.

I am released daily from the bondage of alcohol.

Thanks for sharing a part of your story,
Mucho Appreciato!