View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
vaya

Whitewing, here in California, rehab is usually at county's expense when it's court ordered. Why does his or your insurance have to cover it? IN LA most court ordered rehabs is for at least a minimum of 3 months. Can you ask court for that? Usually ordering rehab is part of final sentencing., which is usually with a joint suspension, which is why it winds up tripling when they violate. I don't understand why 2 weeks in rehab on your insurance. Sometimes jail is the best rehab. At least you know he is safe. Although it's always kind of hard to deal with, having my AS in jail did give me a sigh of relief on many levels, because it would keep him alive and safe for that much longer. It also helped me get more restful nights and allowed me to live without worry.

If you feel obliged to provide rehab instead of jail you may want to figure out why. Hard as it sounds, many addicts do finally get it when they go to jail and get sick and tired of doing so.
I'm sure caring for your GD is tiring, but you are giving her such a stable and healthy environment for now and get to enjoy her.