View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BlueFairy

Hey-- 1 week 4 days in.

So I still have a constant upset stomach and sugar cravings. The sugar thing is weird for me because I used to be a sugar fiend but wasn't at all the last 4-5 years which coincides with my starting to drink regularly. I attributed it at the time to working out a lot-- I liked salty stuff--and bar food kinds of stuff...revelation...
Sleeps gotten better although I have my moments of being tense and just wanting to break stuff in the evening ... ordered some chamomile tea for those nights today plus some ginger candy to kill 2 birds with one stone. People say the sugar thing tapers off-- I hope so! I did dig out some old ginger capsules, and helpful spices like cumin, ginger, and ordered some cumin seed supp online today to see if it will help my stomach. I find sitting in a jacuzzi with the jets on my stomach helps too. And the sauna. I'm curious if anyone else has found the sauna to help maybe speed recovery...
I haven't been tempted to drink but I think about it a lot. Driving by the liquor store I want to go get some vodka I feel sad sometimes about giving it up completely but then I remind myself it's because it is an addiction and my body wants me to do it. It's hard because it is everywhere and everything purveys it to be enjoyable...I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to really relax again --being so tired I'm nodding off watching tv doesn't count!
there just doesn't seem to be anything positive so far with the quitting although I know in the long run it wil pay off. I dunno- I have lost weight, but with the new sugar thing I don't know how long that will last, I'm 47 and my skin broke out (because of the sugar thing) and that hasn't happened in years, I have constant stomach pain, and I'm so tired, even though I have been sleeping better the last few nights anyway without waking up for hours at a time. I'm trying to do stuff I like like watch movies, to counter balance all the yuck right now and that helps but I feel a little guilty knowing I could be doing dishes or laundry instead. I hope thing take a turn for the better soon...