View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ArtFriend

Facebook faceoff

I am venting a bit here. As you know, I had words with my brother the other night and drank over it. My bad. I am still angry at what he said about me and my mom. Anyway, last night I saw a post on FB made by his wife (my sister-in-law) that flared up my anger all over again. They are all about image and they are sorely disappointed with their 3 adopted kids. None of them meet the high standards my brother and wife put forth. They are not educated enough (just HS), they work menial jobs, they are not attractive enough, etc. It is sickening the way they view their kids.

So, last night, my niece put a pic of herself on her mother's wall. She was sitting outside of her new apt. A FB friend of my SIL commented how much my niece looked like her. My SIL pointed out in no uncertain terms that my niece was adopted and she looks NOTHING like her! My niece is very overweight and my SIL has always criticized her for that.

So, I told my SIL that my niece could see what she wrote and how rude that was. Then we took it private into the FB IM. I got an earful about how rotten I am to her husband and all that. I ended up logging off on her.

I did not drink, but the urge kicked in again.

Do you think I need to get off Facebook? Or just unfriend my SIL?