Old 05-13-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Aellyce

I am sorry, Art You must have seen this coming in some ways, feeling very sensitive and vulnerable recently...

I really like that link Dee posted about plans, especially the SAMSHA page. I agree that it would be important for you to take that seriously and set up some firm strategies to deal with adversities and unexpected stresses in the future as those seem to be your Achilles heel. We all have our patterns that take time to figure out and prepare for in the beginning...

Please don't feel ashamed. Take a lazy day and rest today if you can, and maybe get into those plans tomorrow? You are a writer, so perhaps putting it in writing might help? I did lots of that when I got sober, it really made a difference to see it as a written strategical plan compared with just carrying it in my head; it also made me more accountable in front of myself. Also, seeing a therapist regularly was probably the most helpful, in addition to SR. I really miss the f2f therapy sessions when I travel or am out of NYC, I can do on Skype but it's not the same.

It's great that you always come back very fast and post here after picking up, so many people just disappear... it shows that you want to work on your recovery.