View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Originally Posted by Mrrryah1 View Post
So - I'm feeling pretty low To say I've had a rough go of sobriety lately would be an understatement. To say I'm disgusted, horrified, shocked by my actions of late would be an understatement.

To give you a brief glimpse, I woke up in the hospital on Friday with tubes and IV's sticking out of me everywhere, no recollection of what happened, nurse told me I overdosed. I share because maybe it will remind somebody or something that happened to them, or maybe somebody can give me a piece of hope, cause I can't find it on my own. This was a first in my life. I was there alone and I was scared and the worst part is, I left and immediately used.

I'm sober now (today, here, now) and one thing feels different than it ever has before.

1) I don't just think I'm going to die from this disease if I don't stop anymore. I KNOW it. I used to say it, I used to think "maybe", or "it's possible...", but I didn't KNOW it. I now know it to my very core. It's a wierd feeling, knowing this.

2) I feel completely defeated. I don't want to drink or experience any more - I'm too scared - so it's not defeated like "oh just take me alcoholism/addiction I'm going to drink myself to death" but it's like - I have zero fight left in me. None. None none none. I feel like an empty shell of a human being that is just existing with no life left inside. I'm 100% sure I can't beat this on my own.
One - Hundred - Percent. I cannot. I cannot. I cannot.

I need help. I'm dying.

Please tell me there's some kind of hope for me still.
Hey there Mrrryah,

There is hope for you - but you have got to want it. You are not alone, there are millions of us all over the world battling this horrible illness. You came here right? Good first step I think. There are a lot of good people here who can give you a lot of good advice.

For now though, you are going to have to do this one day at a time. You can do this. Baby steps and try to be kind to yourself.

Cheers,

ZAB