View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SadInTX

Update on AH - why in such denial

As some of you may remember my AH was arrested with DWI over a week ago. He claims someone drugged his drink, says he only had three drinks the whole night. He blacked out and doesn't even remember being arrested. The day I got him out of jail he told me he was going to make changes...wasn't going to drink...wanted to look the judge in the eyes and tell him/her that he hasn't drank since. That lasted a week. This past Saturday he blew up about something trivial and went over to his cousin's house. He got drunk, but didn't drive home. When he called he wasn't very nice, so I would just hang up. I was relieved that he didn't come home...I actually had a great day with my two sons. (he is step dad).
The next day was Mother's day...he came home with flowers and a card for my boys to sign. I ended up taking my boys out of the house for a few hours. When I got home he said that it was all his fault...he would be nicer to me. We had a good night after that.
Yesterday after work he came home with a 12 pack of beer. I was not happy and told him so. He couldn't understand why I was acting this way, why should I be upset? I said, of course...it is your house you do what you want, that is your choice. he ended up staying in the garage and drank. He told me that he is a good man...treats me good..treats my kids good...I could do a lot worse....I told him I was disappointed...he said he was going to make changes...not drink...he brought up that he was drugged, that is why he was in this situation...wow, he is in such denial. He wanted to know what was so wrong with him drinking beer at his own house? I told him that he turns into a different person...he is sometimes not nice. He said he was only going to have a few beers but had them all because I wasn't acting right. I knew better than to talk to him last night while he was drunk. Why is he in such denial? Why does he blame me? He couldn't even go a week without drinking after the DWI...I have a lot to think about for me and my boys... has anyone gone through something similar to this???? I am at the end of my rope.