View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 12:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Needanewme

I cant live like this anymore

Let me begin by saying that this is the first real attempt at getting help from alcohol. After another serious black out bender, I find my self broken, and on the verge of losing it all. I have been 24 hours sober and know I have to give it up permenanly.

I have been drinking heavily for 25 years, mostly weekends through high school, was a complete trainwreck through college, and continued to drink heavily through my 30'.s I have been convicted of two DWI's, once in a crash where I could have died. I can drive again but find myself not caring if I have had a few before doing so. My entire family on my mothers side are alcoholics (some in recovery).

I also have a wonderful wife and three lovely children and I want to be the best dad I can be. I am doing well in my career, but one wrong move (another DWI) and I will literally ruin my life and families life for good. I love them so much. I have reached out to a counsleour for help. I am close to 300 lbs and my doctor noticed elevated live enzymes in my last blood work. I am so tired of lying about my drinking. I am afraid.