View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Right before and for a good six months after I finally got sober I hated my job. Absolutely hated it. Crushing pointless useless rules. Thankless unappreciated work. I'd cry and scream in my car on the way home as I fought traffic. Hated and resented everyone around me and blamed them for my misery and felt ultra sorry for myself that my drinking landed me in the mire.

I have the exact same job today that I had back then. While I still think some of the rules are stupid, I appreciate that they forced me into a routine that I constantly wanted to flout. While it isn't the most glamorous job, it serves a purpose. I'm grateful I have a job. I'm grateful I have a routine.

I say stick it out if at all possible. You are so new and your emotions are still all over the place. If you quit, what will you replace it with? You will suddenly find yourself with huge stretches of time and super new sobriety. How will you fill that time? I would have gotten on the crazy train again. If you quit, I'd suggest having an extremely detailed plan in place along with real life support in place.

Things to consider