Thread: 22 Days
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
skywalker91

Cool 22 Days

Well this is a first. I haven't written anything public regarding my addiction EVER. But this can't be done alone and a forum like this can reap many benefits.

I am happy to have reached 22 days. This is my second real attempt at getting sober. I honestly didn't know I was an addict until about last year. The first time I picked up my d.o.c was when I turned 21. It started to become a major issue once I finished my studies at University 2 years ago and had more time on my hands. I accepted that I was an addict last summer and I thank God everyday that I have been able to learn about this disease sooner rather than later. However, I had to come to the point I am at now to finally surrender. This disease is something I TRULY want to be something I am in control of and not something that is controlling me. I know us addicts can become extremely successful even more than "normies" once we get clean and stay consciously aware.

I will definitely write more and more as I progress. I will share information about my bottom, my goals, the things that I am grateful for etc. But as of now I just want to introduce myself to the forum.

My name is Michael and I am an alcoholic/addict. I am excited to start this journey with you guys.