View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 09:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ChancesAh
Chances

I'm glad you posted this. Quite inspirational and informative. I just posted wondering why only after a short time I'm not on easy street.
I dealt with and seem a lot of people in my work with depression. You've probably heard it before but after resisting for a number of years the best treatment is exercise. If you can't be bothered running or doing sports just try to walk - it's easy if it's ritualised like walking to work or something you do anyway. I use to bike ride on easy streets avoiding hills. If you can take up bike riding to work.
As far as becoming reclusive goes - it was going to happen. I actually tried to stay in contact with a few drinking buddies I thought were good mates. I didn't have to leave them behind. After they failed to convert me back to the drinking life they disassociated themselves from me. No loss I suppose.
If you want an easy Social club try something like AA. You'll find a few like yourself there. I'm atheist and it doesn't seem to matter. If someone preaches god I just politely ignore it. I went to a few different groups but I only go to the one weekly meeting with the most interesting people now. A few try to say I should be going most days at this early stage but like you I have a family, life and better things to do so I use it to suit myself and social networking is a bit of that.