View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
TennantSmith

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I forget our time diffrence have fun tonight michelle
The wind was quite active today, the Frisbees weren't behaving, so we only played for an hour. But that's okay. We have all we need to try again....

It's a Saturday evening. It's 10:30pm and I am curled up in bed with a knitting book. I ate too much today. I dealt with some tough situations from others that knocked me off balance. I had moments where my AV was active.

I'm sober. I sat outside tonight and watched people coming in and out of the store, rushing to be somewhere. I sat under my favorite tree. I smelled the neighbors fresh cut grass. I noticed mine needs mowed again. I overheard the tv from an open window. I saw the distant light of the Open sign of the bar, just a few blocks away. I can see the liquor bottles on the shelves through the windows of the store across the street.

I didnt want any of it. I am new to this. It's the first time I've approached my sobriety realizing its work. Life isn't handing anything to me except the tools I need to work towards where I want to be.

I struggle throughout the days, but I no longer feel as lost as I did. When the AV is making herself known, I now know what tools to use to move forward in my recovery and not run to alcohol.

I made it through this weekend. I learned more that helps me this weekend.

I'm exhausted. I'm having moments of sadness. I'm truly feeling my body work. I created boundaries for myself. I napped. I ate too much ice cream and remembered how incredible pb&j on Wonder bread tasted and how delicious Oreos and a glass of milk can be.

I worked my Plan this weekend, many times over. I added more to it. It works. It really works.

I have a big week ahead of me. Dinner with my daughter and her new boyfriend. Counseling. Week 4 of my training plan for a 5k. A possible job interview for a great new position.

I'm calmer. My mind is slowing down. My heart no longer races. I feel normal anxiety about events that cause anyone anxiety. My dreams weren't as vivid last night.

I'm grateful tonight. Very grateful.