View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
tornrealization
01-14-2019

NYMets, good luck this weekend. Don't worry about the future wedding part yet. Let us know how you are doing. If you need to post in the NewComer section to get a round of quick support if you have a moment that is testing your limits. That section is for newcomers and for those who need someone to talk with ASAP.

I've been walking alot and enjoying not having class. Husband is at a beer fest today. I bailed on the 10 mile hike. It was an hour away and with co-workers bringing families. I was going to bring headphones, so what's the point? I also got to sleep in. We went to breakfast. I'm going through all these old soaps, creams and medicines. I am ridding what I can, recycling what I can and have a few medicines I need to find out where to turn in. Expired and so I want to turn them in the right way.

I did this because I'm looking for sunscreen before I buy more. My skin has been jacked for some time. I had to use anti biotics to rid of the severe acne a few times. They say I have Roseca, well drinking makes that worse. My skin is red, but not bumpy and it's looking better. I'm allergic to alot of stuff, so there is one morning mostirizer/sunscreen I am going to start using again - it's $16.00/bottle. Before I spend, gotta see what I have. I have creams from 5 years ago that I tried for acne, only made it worse. So time to purge.

I'm slowly adding more healthy things to my life. I'm having intense craving days - mixed with days of not thinking about drinks. I keep waiting for the 90-100 days mark. Even if it's placebo effect, I keep reading accounts and scientific stuff that cravings/thoughts ease some at that point.

Typically I'd be jonesing for today - being alone and at home. I'm not. After finishing my mini-project, I'm going up North by work. There is a gym with a lap pool and whirlpool. My feet sore from all the walking, so I figured I could do biking or ellipical for awhile, then swimming (which is a treat!) followed up by a hot tub soak. I then might get some icy treats for at home. I've eliminated most sugars with tea, but I like these 100 calorie icee cups - even with the sugars, I eat one with dinner.

Hubby will be driven home tonight, his father is going to beer fest too and they have a sober driver picking them up at the end. So he's on the couch tonight - no beer breath in my face for me! I plan on playing my game on my ipad and that's a treat too.

Class starts tomorrow so I'll have lots of homework.

Work- the changes keep coming - I just am going to lay low and try and survive and see how everything goes. I know change brings bad and good things. So it takes time to readjust. I will miss being able to do homework at work. That was a perk. I wouldn't dare do that with a new boss. The thing is we aren't 100% of time busy because we are good enough to fix everything that breaks right away and have gotten good at regular day to day. Our project backlog is next to nothing finally after 3 years. So........ I had time for some homework. I also know we have periods of extreme business when we could use extra 1-2 people. *shrug* Corporate world irratating in that way. It's ok if someone has say a breakfast, lunch, workouts, disappears for 1/2 hour talking (I try to stick to 1 hour lunches)- whatever, but man you have a book at your desk that isn't work?? OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!! lol

Back to my project and then off to gym - 50 minutes away but POOL, and a nice Olympic size one too. I haven't done lane laps yet, too scared, I'm going to try today - and its shyness holding me back. Lame. I'm how old?