View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 11:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by SoberRunner View Post
Nothing, and I think that's why I have a hard time staying sober for long periods of time.

I'm single with no children and am always alone if I'm not at work. Basically, I have no one to help me stay sober on a daily basis besides myself, and that doesn't pan out too well when you're feeling lonely and depressed b/c you tend to not care about much.

That said, tomorrow morning is a new day and I'm sure I'll feel a little better in the morning. I just think the loneliness really hits me at night (especially on the weekends!) when I avoid the bars like I'm doing tonight. Now that I'm not out, I realize how lonely I am and it's not a good feeling... Especially when you attempt to hang out with new people but most are too busy with their own lives, partners, children, etc.

It's almost 9:30 pm here... Maybe I should just go to sleep. Thanks for letting me vent!
I didn't think much of myself when I quit either.

But I decided to make decisions as though I had a healthy self
esteem - or as if I was making decisions for someone I had guardianship for.

Eventually those decisions resulted in change and I realised I really was worthwhile and worthy of the good decisions I was making.

Don;t let your inner addict convince you you're no good and that nothing matters anyway - that's just not true SoberRunner

D