View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SoberRunner
30 Days & Under Club

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
Something I've been thinking about lately. What keeps you moving forward in life? We all need something larger than ourselves to continue pushing ourselves in this life.

Nothing, and I think that's why I have a hard time staying sober for long periods of time.

I'm single with no children and am always alone if I'm not at work. Basically, I have no one to help me stay sober on a daily basis besides myself, and that doesn't pan out too well when you're feeling lonely and depressed b/c you tend to not care about much.

That said, tomorrow morning is a new day and I'm sure I'll feel a little better in the morning. I just think the loneliness really hits me at night (especially on the weekends!) when I avoid the bars like I'm doing tonight. Now that I'm not out, I realize how lonely I am and it's not a good feeling... Especially when you attempt to hang out with new people but most are too busy with their own lives, partners, children, etc.

It's almost 9:30 pm here... Maybe I should just go to sleep. Thanks for letting me vent!