Old 05-01-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
MesaMan

The Menace In Venice

This Talk here yesterday of Canals and Gondoliers got me thinkin' of our 2008 Trip to Italy. Da Babe Wife; 6 -> 30-something Hairdressers, and one other Dude [the Salon Owner's Husband]. It didn't suck. Cashed in a Guano-load of Air Miles to sit way up front in the then-new, lay flat Seats in a 747.

See Venice at night below. We spent lotsa time hoofin' it around no matter which of 3 Cities we were in. Got a lead on a Work Pal's Cousin who coincidentally lived a few Doors down from our Hotel. She showed us around Insider Style, and that made for an even better time.

High Clouds here today, and it feels stupendous outside! 'Scotland Without The Airfare', as I call this atypical Weather. Wiped the Rain off my already-clean Truck, so we're ready to rumble 'round here. As the Woodstock Chant went: 'No Rain, No Rain...' Just Clouds today.

Gotta fix a tiny leak in a Sprinkler Valve. Head to the Bank and jockey Funds around. Hit the Dog Park. Da Wife heads out tonight with 2 Neighbor Gal Pals to swill Wine, so I might hit my fav Wing-serving Bar. If I'm there for a Meal, the environment doesn't faze me. Stick a Fork in my Azz. I'm done.

Gotta do some Shopping Lite on Amazon for a few items. Got a leaky Toilet Valve in my lil Trailer. The Pooch is trashing my Back Seat, so I need a Seat Cover. Something else I can't remember...

I'm duly impressed with all the thoughtful Planning going on here to get through the Early Daze of Sobriety. Way to nail it!

A big ole Shout Out to The Rube_ster on 17 Months under her proverbial Belt! Note the correct Gender reference there.

Peter Gabriel Live in Italy. Sledgehammer that AV 'til Roadkill flat. Music starts at Time Marker 1:20...

- 'Sledgehammer' ~ Peter Gabriel ~ Live -

-