View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
TennantSmith

Originally Posted by NikTes View Post
A week is awesome, TS! Amazing how quickly the anxiety fades, isn't it? I was gobsmacked at how much the alcohol was making mine worse -- I'd been using it to self-medicate for years. I didn't realize how deep the effects were on my body until a week or so in to sobriety. The palpitations got ready bad with withdrawal. Actually, before quitting, I was waking up with them every day, and thought it was *just* anxiety but after quitting drinking, I realized it was the booze that was causing them. (I was having withdrawal every day from the previous day's drinking.... insidious cycle.) Wowser eye opener. Congrats on one week!
The past few times I had drank were the first time I had experiences the heart palps. They scared me so much. My heart didnt beat like that after a high intensity 45 min workout, so,it served as another reminder how much alcohol was impacting my body. I used to tell myself I was fine because I binged and then was sober most days. I'm thankful my body spoke up and let me know it needed relief.