View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

I love a good rerun of Seinfeld - you???? At times, the episode with George doing the opposite of what he thought was the best course of action, comes to mind in my recovery.

If everything I did was not working out, I would do the opposite!
I love the part where he states - I am 35, unemployed and live with my parents as he lands a date with a pretty gal!!

The same brain that kept me drunk could not think me into sobriety. Until I reached the point of being teachable - at any cost - there was no hope for me. I simply repeated the same behavior and remained bewildered as to why I remained drunk??? Hiccup.........

As we all can see from those we come across who have gained some sobriety - we are passionate about how we did it . Rightfully so ! I really am more of the mind today it doesn't matter how - it just matters that we start to believe sobriety is possible and become committed to a path regardless of what detractors may say or type about our methods - our sober soup mix - if you will.

I don't suggest anyone follow my path, but it has worked for me thus far.....

In sobriety some of us have to toughen up, some have to soften up........some maybe both.

Keep coming back!