Old 04-29-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
sean0621

I was in love and in a similar situation very recently. Even when I realized I was being manipulated and mistreated I stayed with her and still loved her anyways. I haven't contacted her in a little under a month and it has taken me awhile to feel myself. I still feel a void just as I did when I quit drinking and smoking. But having completely avoided contacting her I realized how much energy I put into helping her get sober, being supportive of her bipolar disorder and trying to relate my own bipolar disorder and sobriety to her. I spent every ounce of energy trying to pull her up. I lost myself and my own interests in this. I was so used to having my interests put aside for hers that I felt quite unimportant and lost when I got out of the relationship. Now I struggle to enjoy life and am trying to put my energy into productive activities in the mean time. I do feel like I have been slowly returning to myself after struggling greatly. I have been on Abilify recently myself. It is an anti-psychotic used as a mood stabilizer for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia and is usually used in concert with an antidepressant. I can say it made me quite depressed but don't blame the meds or allow him to blame the meds. I am still responsible for my own actions and it is a cop out if I try to blame the meds for anything I do. I hope you keep coming back on here and posting as this place has been a great support for me. I hope you realize you deserve to be treated better than this.