View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Chadders
Last booze: April 10 2015

Evening Everyone! Checking in as usual - although I think I missed yesterday. Great to see all the familiar faces on here and some new ones too! Welcome to everyone else joining our class. We can do this together!
Tonight on the way home from work was a bit tricky for me though. I knew I was going to be home alone, the sun was shining and I got the 'no one will know' feeling - I could sneak a couple of crafty cans in easy. Of course I would know and thankfully after reminding myself how much was at stake, the feeling passed. Just headed straight home, cracked open the Appetiser and started cooking. Now I'm looking forward to lying on my bed and reading, preparing for a good sleep and another clear-headed morning! They are really something to look forward to. Just the thought of waking up with a hangover these days makes me feel ill. Some people around me are actually starting to realise that I'm serious about this and their feedback is becoming more positive now than skeptical. In the early days it would have been easy to cave in and join them; be welcomed back into the fold. Now I detect a hint of admiration and it really helps. Day 18 today for me - really unheard of!
:-)
Best Wishes to everyone on our shared journey from the murk into the light!

C