View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
Some great posts and amazing resolve shown on here today. Fantastic job everyone! We all have our challenges and although some of them may be similar they never appear on the same day so it's great to learn from and be inspired by each other.

You really all are amazing in what you're achieving and I'm very grateful to be part of this shared journey, so thank you.

Day 23 here and I'm about to enter my usual witching hours but after reading today's posts they will be far easier to get through. I realised today that physically I'm over the worst - sleep is good now, no big headaches, no shakes, feeling sick etc. so now what's left is mental and a whole new set of challenges.

On the good news side, I saw that a few of you exercise so here's something that I wanted to share. My fitness level has improved since I stopped drinking, with no increase in exercise. I'll spare you the detail but I have actual heart rate and pace measurements to back this up. I used to kid myself that exercising was undoing the damage but of course it didn't - and running with a hangover the whole time was truly grim. Hangover free running is awesome!

Best wishes all!

OMD