View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
TennantSmith

My youngest daughter has an awards banquet tonight. Her knowledge team for FFA did very well this year so they are being honored. My ex-MIL is going; I'm riding with her (erggghhh!!).

We do not get along. My ex-h said she promises to be civil. That is a bad sign when she's promising ahead of time to be nice. That means that for some reason or another, she's back to hating me.

I have a plan in place: keep my head down and avoid eye contact.

I really do not want to go but I'm having to refocus my thoughts to adult thinking: This isn't about ME and what I want, it's about my daughter and what she needs. She needs me there. She wants me to share this with her so I need to get over myself and suck it up. I mean, my MIL may show herself. That's her issue, not mine. At the end of the night, I can know that i was there for my daughter.

But seriously, I divorced her son years ago. I've proven myself a good mom. I leave her alone. At some point, she needs to LET IT GO (cue the song).

other than that, doing well. I have a busy day planned and I've already been productive. It's also beautiful out.

But yes, I may vent later. UGH. Or maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and tonight will be awesome. Again . . . it's not about me. It's not about me. It's not about me.