View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
My mother kept taking drugs and drinking until the day she died. My grandma and grandad took me in but she had 3 other kids after me who all went into care who I'll never meet due to her choosing her addiction over real life. I didn't go to her funeral, I took the day off telling work I was and put a new driveway at the front of my house....it was the first good thing she ever really did for me getting me that day off work so I could do some DIY. Make the right choices and don't become one of the bad statistics, I'm sure you love kids very much and they deserve to have the true you around. That's why I've quit and that's why you should stay quit. Kids are filled with forgiveness they've not become cynical like us adults yet. The problem is if you do not do the right things as they move into adulthood they will gain resentments that last a long time like I did. They will forgive you quickly, in their eyes they probably already have but make the good changes now so you're youngest especially will never even remember what it was like to have a mum who drank.
Thanks MM. I'm so sorry to hear your mom never got sober & wasn't there for you. That must have been really hard. :-(