View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bird13

show intervention

I was watching tv tonight, and came across that show "Intervention." It was an episode of a mother who was an alcoholic, and through an intervention chose treatment. The most amazing thing about this show, which never ceases to amaze me, is how the person looks 3 months into recovery. Physically.

It almost makes me think that drugs and drinking literally suck the soul out of people. Like the devil at work. Some satanic force. It is mind-blowing how there is a glow, a life, and a spirit that is so vibrant and visible months later when they interview the addict who has accepted recovery. I was so amazed I said wow, out loud to myself in my living room, and I truly am shocked all over again every time I see that recovery really does change that person back into the soul their loved ones always loved. And even more so, to see the recovered person realize their wrong doings and the pain they caused their loved ones, is mind blowing. To see them really get it, with deep remorse.

Just wanted to share that. It is the light at the end of the tunnel. The person isn't lost forever it seems.