View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
I have almost caved tonight. I've had bad back pain all day at work, I'm tired and tomorrow is a holiday. I needed a break from the pain and from the fear that it's an old, difficult problem coming back. I was of the opinion that a month is enough, proof so to speak that I can do it, and had made up my mind to buy a bottle of wine.

Luckily I had a sudden delay leaving work and grudgingly came straight home.

Well so much for my new found strength and (misplaced)-optimism.
Just look at that as a lucky escape

You've done a month so you have nothing left to prove but maybe when you think about it, you might have a lot to lose if you start drinking again. I would happily bet you a bottle of San Pellegrino that for as long as you don't drink you will never wake up and wish you had got drunk last night. Don't be sad at not drinking - if it was that great you'd still be doing it, as much and as often as possible. I too have those feelings of sadness, especially when my drinking pals think I'm nuts, but I know deep down that it's nice just to have my sh-t together. Plus one of my biggest drinking mates just told me he admired what I've achieved so far. I suspect people would tell you that too. So maybe you're not missing that much really.

Good luck
OMD